I’ve set myself up a few New Year Resolutions that need effort with a capital E, so I thought I’d better post them now.
- Top resolution, buy my dream cottage in France
- Learn French
- Adopt a Border Collie dog
- Lose two and a half stone in weight from my very wobbly, unhealthy body
- Use up ALL of my fabric stash
- Learn to dive and take underwater photos
- Less driving and more cycling
- See the Northern Lights up close
- Write every day
- Visit the Galapagos Islands
There you are, all 10 of them, a nice even number. All perfectly achievable, however there is one small problem. At this moment in time I have the grand sum of £3.83 in the bank. So I guess unwritten resolution number 11 is raise/earn/beg a small fortune – £80k should do it for this year. GULP!
I also should really have added pay off my debts as well, I didn’t add it as it’s not as much fun as diving with sharks in the waters around the Galapagos Islands.So that is unofficial resolution number 12. To make things more challenging my self-employed earnings have taken a drastic nose dive, so I need to figure out how to make money in the first instance. DOUBLE GULP!!
This wee blog is now my record of how I reach my goals and get to my cottage with its Sweetpeas and Honeybees!